PAs serve on the weekends as the “stage managers” for each service in the Worship Center and in each venue. Below are some of the abilities and traits we look for in our PAs.General Duties on the Weekend:
- Help run the sound check.
- Help facilitate communication between the pastor, worship leader, technicians, and musicians.
- Keep track of service timing.
- Cue musicians, actors, and other people involved in the service.
- Help with all transitional elements in a service.
- Keep the venues running in time with the Worship Center.
Gifts and Abilities:
- Enjoy working with details
- Have a servant’s heart
- Stay calm amidst a stressful environment
- Able to see the overall picture
- Able to communicate important information with a positive and tactful manner
- Familiarity with Saddleback’s services, ideally having attended for at least a year (though this is not a die-hard rule)
- Completion of Class 101 and signing of membership agreement
- Basic computer skills, including use of the Internet, Word, and Excel
- Completion of informal interview and training
- You will need to serve at least once a month on the weekend for a two- to five-hour time period.
- It is up to you if you’d like to serve more often. Some PAs serve every weekend, some every other weekend, and some just once a month.
If you would like to check out the PA ministry, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information.