RESOURCING THE DADS OF SADDLEBACK
Great dads produce great memories for their kids.Let us help you make a memory with you’re your son or daughter.Check out the information and upcoming events below.
Father Child Bonfire
At Doheney Beach
THE FOLLOWING IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY:
is a place where you can sign up to receive a daily email to help you learn and grow as a father. Each email contains an encouraging tip designed to help you be a better dad. Visit the kiosk on the patio today to subscribe to this free tool.
Thanks to the Clean Air Act of 1970, the harmful lead present in the human body has been reduced by 80%. We still have 625 times the amount of lead in our systems than our ancestors did a century ago, but it’s a start. I’m concerned about it. But not as concerned as I am with the emotional carcinogens of our culture. These include: sex without consequences, no-fault divorce, the entitlement of wealth, unacceptable educational standards and disrespect for oneself and one’s neighbor. Yet, all of these soul cancers are glorified in much of our music and movie pop culture. Our spiritual air is being polluted and little is being done to craft legislation to stop it. So it’s up to us parents to filter this from our homes. Some ways to start include:
- Not allowing your child to have cable or Internet access in his/her room
- Purchasing an Internet filtering program and monitoring all websites visited
- Limits on text messaging and social websites
- Reviewing the lyrics to the songs your child is listening to
- Only pre-approved TV programs or movies are allowed
There is only one filter between our children and moral depravity...it’s us.
Rookie Dad - Download coaching tips for the first-time father.
For every expectant mom there is an expectant dad. And he's not ready!
Rookie Dad is here for you. We’re in your corner, so don’t panic. In the booklet you will find quick, practical help for rookie dads. It won’t take you forever to read, plus it has cool pictures!
Reading Reference List
- "Inch and Miles: The Journey to Success", Coach John Wooden
- Heritage Builders, several practical resources from mealtime to drive time to bed time, money matters, leaving a legacy, family nights, etc., various authors (search on Amazon books)
- "Bringing up Boys", Dr. James Dobson
- "FaithBegins at Home", Mark Holmen
- "Anchor Man: How a Father can Anchor his Family to Christ for the next 100 years", Steve Farrar
- "Season of Life: A Football Star, a Boy, a Journey to Manhood", Jeffrey Marx
- "Passport2Purity", Dennis and Barbara Rainey
- "Preparing for Adolescence: How to Survive the Coming Years of Change", Dr. James Dobson
- "Raising a Modern Day Knight: A Father’s Role in Guiding His Son to Authentic Manhood", Robert Lewis
- "The Dangerous Book for Boys", Iggulden, Hal & Gonn
- "The Heart of a Father, How You Can Become a Dad of Destiny", Ken Canfield
- "King Me, What Every Son Wants and Nedds From His Father", Steve Farrar
- Leading Man… Every Child Needs One
For more information on Men's Ministries contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 949-609-8350.