First, there will not be a small group “campaign” this fall however we will be going through a powerful and timely fall “series” as a church. Get ready for life lessons that will give you and your group new insights into two of the most important aspects of your life!
Here are some quick facts:
- The fall series is based on the writings of the wisest man in the world, King Solomon, in Ecclesiastes and Proverbs.
- The series starts next weekend, Sept 17-18, and continues through the weekend of Nov 19-20
- The series will have two parts:
- For the first four weeks Pastor Rick will teach on obtaining and managing true wealth, even in a difficult economy. This important and timely series will help you gain new perspectives on your finances and God’s economy.
- For the next six weeks, starting Oct 15-16, Pastor Rick will teach on what it means to be a Christian in our place of work and how we can find new meaning, joy and purpose in our jobs. There are important life principles in this study that you will find relevant and powerful even if you aren’t employed outside of your home.
- The small group study material for this series:
- For the first series we suggest that your group use Talk It Over. You can download this great small group study each week from: http://saddleback.com/mc/archives/. The members of your group can also download and print Talk It Over for each week and bring it to your meeting.
- For the workplace series we are trying to make a DVD and study guide available to our small groups. I will send you more information in this monthly e-newsletter as we get closer.
Second, in January we will start the exciting six week church wide campaign called “40 Days in the Word.” During this campaign we will learn how to read and study the Bible, how to make it come to life, and how to use it as the roadmap that God intended for our lives. This series starts the weekend of Jan 21-22. More details coming in November.
Save the Date! Friday, Jan. 20, Pastor Rick is inviting all Saddleback small group Hosts and co-Hosts to a special evening in the Worship Center. Watch this newsletter for more details.