I spent a little time editing the copy that we’re using on the www.saddleback.com/refuel web-site. It was simple stuff, but I thought the copy that we were using was a little negative. I wanted the tease questions to be more positive. On our first draft, it said:
- Struggling with your Quiet Time?
- Feeling Spiritually Empty?
- It’s time to Refuel!
So, I sent an email to some trusted friends and said, “Help me think of better words for our web-site. I can’t remember who wrote the current ones we are using, and they’re fine, but I just want something more positive.”
About 3 minutes later I get an email back saying, “FYI: we just took those phrases off the back cover of your book.” Doh! Oh well… so, now I can blame it on the publisher. But, the truth is, I probably approved them somewhere along the way. What do I know?
Here are some of the ideas sent back to me by my friends.
- Life is hectic….REFUEL before you run dry!
- Do you want to be closer to God?
- Ever feel like you’re the only one not in sync with God?
- Is life a little too busy to fit God in?
- It’s time to embark on the journey of a lifetime.
- It’s time to leave emptiness and pursue the fullness of God.
- Looking for more time, energy, emotion, sanity???
Refuel descriptive words (turn cheesy monitor on): Plug In, Recharged, Drained, Depleted, Disconnected, Rewire, Blown Fuse, Full Power, Fully Charged, Corroded, Siphon, Tapped, Clogged
What do you like? What makes sense to you? Give me your ideas and maybe we’ll change our web-site.