HAPPY NEW YEAR 2012!
Dear Saddleback Family,
1. A NEW YEAR ENCOURAGEMENT: “HOW TO GET THROUGH WHAT YOU’RE GOING THROUGH”
I am so eager to share this hope-filled message with you this weekend. I’ve been praying and studying all week for a message to help you begin this New Year with a new boost of energy. I guarantee you’ll need and use what you learn this weekend.
Text: 2 Corinthians 1:3-11
Topic: The six things God wants you to do when you feel overwhelmed
Testimony: Nobel PEACE Prize nominee Chai Ling!!! This courageous Chinese woman led the Tiananmen Square Freedom Revolution against communism in Beijing, China. Author of the bestselling “A HEART FOR FREEDOM”, Chai Ling committed her life to Christ in 2010 after reading The Purpose Driven Life! Bring a friend to hear her!
2. A NEW YEAR RESOLUTION:
1710. It’s a number that has eternal significance. It’s a number that shows who really cares (and who doesn’t care) about their lost friends. It’s a number that caused a party in heaven, and will be celebrated forever! 1710 is the number of people who opened their lives to Christ and became saved forever at one of our Christmas services.
Now let me ask you five hard questions:
- Were any of your friends, neighbors, or coworkers included in that great number?
- If not, why not?
- Would your friend be one of the 1710 now assured of heaven if you had invited him or her to Christmas? It’s likely.
- Do you intend to let your neighbors live and die without Christ or hope?
- Who is on your prayer list and what is your plan to invite them in 2012?
We have the GREATEST message in the world. It is a message of Good News that everyone needs to hear. Jesus died for your friends. Now he waits for you to invite them to come to him.
Let me suggest the most important New Year’s resolution you could possibly make. It will have eternal impact:
“I resolve to bring a lost friend to church before January is over.” Will you make that resolution? If you are available, God will certainly use you to change someone’s eternal destiny. Make the invitation, for love’s sake.
3. NEW YEAR OPPORTUNITIES:
Your staff works tirelessly to serve you with opportunities to deepen your growth, strengthen your fellowship with others, and help you fulfill the life mission and ministry God has called you to. Here are the January opportunities for you to bring a lost friend to Jesus:
- If you know someone who doesn’t know Jesus yet and is going through a tough time, invite them this weekend, January 7-8, to hear Chai Ling’s story and my message “How to Get Through What You’re Going Through”.
- If you know someone who doesn’t know Jesus yet and is interested is health, fitness, or weight loss, invite them to our Daniel Plan Rally, Saturday morning, January 14, at the Lake Forest campus, from 9 a.m. to noon.
- If you know someone who doesn’t know Jesus yet, invite them to attend a kick-off service of 40 Days in the Word, January 14-15, when I will explain all the wonderful benefits God promises to us if we follow the Bible.
4. NEW YEAR VISION RALLIES: “Change Your Life! Change The World!”
Our church theme for 2012, (Year #2 of Decade of Destiny) is “Change Your Life! Change The World!” You’ll hear all the exciting details by attending one of three evening Vision Rallies, Wednesday, January 18, Thursday, January 19, and Friday, January 20. I always look forward to these events when I get to share “inside information” with you that I can’t share on weekends. Where God is leading me to help you in 2012 will blow your mind. Choose one night to attend and bring your small group with you!
A personal note: I loved all the Christmas cards you sent me, especially the ones with family photos so I could pray for you. They made me smile. I’m sure you understand that I get hundreds of letters every month and thousands of emails every day. While it is physically impossible for me to personally answer every note I receive, my team prays for each note.
I love you.