Dear Saddleback Family,
Let me brag about YOU. I’m so thankful for…
- … how you show love, grace, and mercy to everyone. It’s made our church famous as a place where people can get a second chance, a fresh start, and an opportunity to begin again.
- … how you welcome all races, cultures, age groups, and economic status. No bigots here! We’ve become an all-nation congregation that speaks 67 languages and looks the way heaven will look.
- … how you actually practice the Bible, and don’t just study it. You have an amazing desire to keep growing spiritually . . . and that keeps me growing as your pastor!
- … all the ways you serve each other in small groups, in our community, and even in other nations. When God says ‘Love your neighbor as yourself,’ you really do it!
- … your bold faith and willingness to take risks as a church. Time after time I’ve challenged you to stretch and dream big, and each time you’ve risen to the challenge. No other church has accomplished, or even attempted, the daunting global goals that you have reached. It is fun being your pastor.
- …your outrageous generosity. You consistently give sacrificially in faith, even in this on-going recession, so we’re able to help more hurting people than ever.
- … your commitment to growing strong kids and families. Saddleback’s next generation is exceptionally strong because of our brilliant children’s and student’s ministries.
TWO THINGS TO REMEMBER ABOUT THIS WEEKEND
- FIVE WORLD-CLASS BIBLE TEACHERS will teach on “How We Know We Can Trust the Bible” at our 3rd annual apologetics weekend. Click here to read the each speaker’s bio.
- Our THANKSGIVING OFFERING will be used to build our PEACE CENTER which will eventually house (when completed) our food bank, employment office, legal aid, immigration assistance, HIV testing, free medical clinic, clothing exchange, personal, family & financial counseling, and all the other compassion & Good Samaritan ministries that we offer, and will offer, free to everyone.
This is a very important offering that counts toward your Decade of Destiny commitment.
Kay & I are leading with our gift of $20,000. Give in faith and watch God keep his promise: “When you give to the poor, it is like lending to the Lord, and the Lord will pay you back.” (Prov. 19:17)
You can give online here, bring it by the church office, or give this weekend when you worship.
I love you, and I’m SO thankful for the privilege of being your pastor. Happy Thanksgiving!