September 10, 2010
Dear Saddleback Family,
I felt the fresh wind of new joy meeting with our men this last week. Then, your enthusiastic response to last weekend’s message, Preparing To Possess Your Destiny has really excited me. I’ve felt this before – when God was getting us ready to really raise the roof! If you missed that message, you can watch it here.
All 4 Discovery Classes will be offered this Sunday! C.L.A.S.S. 101-401 are from 3:00 to 7:30 p.m. Click here to register.
I’ll speak on Preparing For YOUR Future: Part 2. Bring a friend!
We honor our Executive Pastor, Glen Kreun, for 28 years of service to our church family and celebrate his retirement (and 70th birthday!).
Saddleback would not exist as it does today without the tireless leadership of my best friend and co-leader, Glen Kreun. When he arrived as my second staff member, we had less than 200 in attendance. Together we forged not only a wonderful ministry, but an unbreakable friendship; one of the great teams of the last century. Great ministries are always built on great relationships – not just competence, but chemistry. Glen is retiring from staff, but he will always be my friend and yours, and will continue as a pastor of our church family.
BRING YOUR PHOTOS TO CHURCH!
We’re creating a book and movie starring YOU! In the past 2,000 years, no other church has sent members to every nation of the world. YOU have made history! To celebrate and commemorate this historic accomplishment, we're preparing both a large coffee table photo book and a documentary called "To Every Nation" which will include your name, and a photo of your Mission or PEACE trip. The documentary will contain the stories and pictures of about 15,000 members who've served.
I don’t want your photo and group to be left out!
1. Bring your trip photos this weekend. Use the envelopes provided in every bulletin and we’ll scan and return them to you. OR …..
2. EVEN BETTER, click here to upload your photos and tell us about the highlights of your trip. OR …..
3. Put your photos and information in a stiff envelope and drop it off at the church office, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
I'm more excited about our Fall spiritual growth campaign and the next ten years than the past thirty years combined! All that's happened in our past has prepared us for our greatest decade yet! I've been preparing all year to help you succeed in fulfilling your personal destiny, and fulfilling our church family's destiny together.
There will be 5 parts to our Decade of Destiny campaign:
1. New Small Group studies on balancing and managing your personal life!
2. Six powerful weekend messages!
3. Small Group Retreats at Rancho Capistrano! Every night during the campaign, small groups will be staying overnight at our new retreat center for a “Life Planning Retreat!”
4. Vision Rallies where you can ask me any question!
5. We will begin 5 new Saddleback Churches in Orange County!
See you this weekend!
| | Saddleback Church
Purpose Driven Network