Don’t let the busy-ness of the season interfere with your small group meeting. Just know that there will be a little pressure to “take a break,” but gently remind your group of Hebrews 10:25 “Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.”
Here are a few ideas to get your group in the mood of the season right away:
· Start singing Christmas carols in your group meetings.
· Schedule your small group Christmas party for an upcoming meeting night.
· Find a Christmas small group project to help others and get the kids in the group involved.
o Adopt a child through Angel Tree
o Serve at a homeless motel on a Sunday
· Plan one of your meetings as an "open house" small group meeting when everyone invites their friends to the group for food, fun and fellowship.
· Do a Christmas study like the Purpose of Christmas.
· Get the group involved in making an Advent Calendar .
More ideas coming in a future post. If you have a great idea that you have tried in your small group post a comment to this post and let everyone else hear about it.
Subscribe to the blog
Subscribe by email
Sign-up to our email list
1 Saddleback Pkwy, Lake Forest, CA 92630 | Phone: (949) 609-8000 | Email Us