I’ve got 3 things I need you to read about! Thanks!
- Let me highlight a key event where we need your help. THIS SUNDAY, November 7th, Pastor Rick will be sharing on the importance of our physical health as he interviews famous doctors. As part of the November 7th weekend, each campus is putting on a health expo on the patio after the services. So here’s the ask … if you are or you know a medical professional, personal trainer, nutritionist, or are connected to a business or company that is promoting or helping with personal health, we’d love to have you represented at our Irvine campus expo. Please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you missed it this past weekend, we announced that the Celebrate Recovery ministry will kickoff NEXT WEEK here in Irvine on November 4th! We are so excited. The meeting will be at 7:00 p.m. at our Saddleback Irvine ministry office location (click here to visit our website here for more info or our address).
- Finally, if you’re looking for areas to serve and give back during this season please go to saddleback.com/serve to join our Hope for the Holidays campaign and serve families in need during Thanksgiving and Christmas.
I also wanted to say how exciting it has been to hear how you are learning, growing, and being stretched during our Decade of Destiny campaign. I know a lot of people and families are making big decisions that are going to shape the next 3 years of our lives for Jesus Christ … and that is wonderful! If you wouldn’t mind, please take a second to email me a story or thought of how God is blessing you and your small group and how you are growing and learning. My email is email@example.com.
Thank you for being a part of Saddleback Irvine and continue to pray for our community and our church.
As always when I write you, I will keep this as brief as possible. I know how much must come through your inbox!
- You are a flexible church and I am incredibly proud to serve with you! As I have been getting up to speed on who you are and hearing the history of this church campus, I am blown away at your faith and flexibility. In the little over 2 years that Saddleback Irvine has existed, you have remained dedicated through moves, transitions, and change ... and all while continuing to grow! This reminds me that God has BIG things on our radar for our future!
- I have been sneaking around in conversations and meetings around our church and I want to tell you that I think we are about to enter the MOST EXCITING era in the history of Saddleback Church. Without knowing everything about where we are headed this fall, Pastor Rick is calling it our Decade of Destiny, our most important stretch in the history of our church. At the same time, as I get to know our campus, my heart is swelling in anticipation for where we are headed. As summer continues, please be in prayer about reaching our community as we head towards fall.
- Finally, I wanted to thank our parents of children and teenage students here at Irvine and pass on a note about our summer calendars. It has been such a blessing to meet the many families who support our All-Stars and Student Ministry programs. Thank you, and I look forward to continuing to get to know you! Please be aware that in light of the transition to our staff over the last few months, our summer calendars have gone through some major transition too, and we apologize if we have caused you any inconvenience. Please be sure to check out our website at www.saddleback.com/irvine for updated info on all our summer events and thanks for your patience and support.
Thanks for your friendship and support, and please shoot me a note with a family picture so I can continue to get to know you!
We're hosting a Ministry Fair this weekend at the Irvine Campus.
“God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another.” ~ 1 Peter 4:10 (NLT)
“Your attitude must be like my own, for I, the Messiah, did not come to be served, but to serve.” ~ Matt 20:28 (LB)
God did not design ministry for just a few with seminary degrees. At Saddleback, we believe that every member of our church is a minister. Use your Spiritual Gifts, your Heart (passions), your Abilities, your Personality and your Experiences to minister to the needs of others and to build up His Church. Spend some time at the Ministry Fair on the Patio after either service checking out the various serving opportunities here at the Irvine Campus. We hope that everyone will sign up to serve in a ministry.
I wanted to take a moment to inform you about an upcoming series we will be teaching in Student Ministries at Saddleback Church Irvine. Beginning the weekend of February 14, I will be teaching a series entitled The Sex. This two-week series is designed to give students an overview of God’s plan for sex. Here are the two subjects we will cover:
February 14: What We Hear and See about Sex
February 21: Answering Tough Questions (Pornography, Abuse, Oral Sex and How Far is too Far)
This series is not designed to be a sex education course, but rather an attempt to give students a Biblical understanding of sex.
I’m sharing these insights with you so you will know what your student will be hearing, and so you can use them as launching pads for discussion. I also wanted to give you this “heads up” because I recognize some of you may not feel the timing is appropriate for your child. If this is the case, please feel free to have them attend the adult worship service for the two weekends of this series.
If youhave any questions please feel free to contact Leo Galarza at 949-573-8733 oremail firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for allowing our Student Ministries team to play a small part in God’s plan for your student’s life!
Director of Student Ministries
Hello Saddleback Irvine Family and Friends!
Yep, it's a SoCal Christmas... 72 degrees and a few red/yellow trees.
My friends and family across the state and country groan in jealousy when I let them know that. Merry Christmas!
We Love Students & Children
Our students are going to host our services this weekend with a special performance by our children. Pastor Tom will continue his practical teaching to prepare our hearts for this Christmas season! Plus, if you'd like to be baptized, we are baptizing after the 11am service.
You're Also Invited to An Unforgettable Experience Dec 24
Northwood High School, Dec 24, 5 and 7pm
Our Christmas Eve services at Irvine are going to be UNFORGETTABLE!
Jesus was born! So we are going to celebrate: "The Savior-yes, the Messiah, the Lord-has been born today in Bethlehem, the city of David!" - Luke 2:11
Candlelight services, inspiring music and a relevant message plus a patio experience filled with cookies, cider, hot cocoa, free family portrait stations, white lights, classical guitarist, caroling and more! Bring the friends and family!
For more info and evites, click here.
We need Unforgettable Volunteers for decoration, set up, tear down, etc!
Contact Yukie if you'd like to help.
Serving Families in Need - Motel Ministry
Our team will be delivering toys and hosting a breakfast with caroling for our motel families tomorrow. To join us, click here for details.
Praying that Jesus stay at the center of your holiday season,
Saddleback Irvine Campus Pastor
As I was reading Acts 1:8 the other day I was reminded of the connection between the filling of the Holy Spirit and being a witness. There is no way Peter (and the others) could have done what they did to launch the first church without God's power. Notice the disciples had to wait for the Holy Spirit to fill them up.
"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere-in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." - Acts 1:8 (NLT)
What does this mean?
None of us NATURALLY want to share our hope - we need to be full of God's Spirit, to have the love, the compassion and the burden to do something about it. If you know Jesus already, you have the Holy Spirit already but the FULLNESS is something you must seek from Him (Eph 5:18). If you are FULL, the results will take care of themselves. Think about it this way. When we have a powerful engagement with something/someone amazing (no not like getting an iPhone - way better, like with our Creator!), we can't keep our experience to ourselves! We HAVE to share it!
So how do I experience this fullness?
That doesn't happen easily for me. It involves hammering out my will to surrender to God's will every day. I usually have to spend some time in prayer, reflecting and reading the bible, getting encouragement from my wife, friends or our staff or turning from any sin in my life to experience that fullness of God's Spirit. But when you are full, there is no mistaking that the joy, hope and peace of God will overflow out of you - you can't contain Him!
Some of the men of The HERD recently took their kids on a fun day hike to Whiting Ranch. There were 9 dads and 11 kids who joined in the fun. They kids enjoyed being outside, picking up rocks, looking for spiders, catepillars and anything else that looked interesting! There were even a couple of deer, walking along a ridge parallel to their trail, keeping a close eye on them.
Watch for the next event and in the meantime, whether you're a dad, grandpa or just a guy, join The HERD for their weekly gatherings, Tuesdays at 6:30 pm or Fridays at 6:15am!
Take the Hope Challenge
Rick says it all the time: "We become what we are committed to." Are we
people committed to bringing hope to the world, one person at a time?
May the God of green hope fill you up with joy, fill you up with peace,
so that your believing lives, filled with the life-giving energy of the
Holy Spirit, will brim over with hope! - Romans 15:13 (MSG)
the 3 month movement to transform our community - commit to bringing
God's Hope to your friend, co-worker and/or neighbor this season.
It's as simple as 3-3-3.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO AND TO REGISTER.